April 7, 2009

Last week end was the DSI launch for Nintendo and i waited Monday to see and touch one for the first time from a Nintendo fan at the office :)... And I must say, the new design is pretty slick and the material used give a nice high quality feeling, pretty close to what the GBA Sp felt if my memory is right.

I don't have the need to buy one! my plasticy white Dslite will be enought right now, specially when i think about the amount of game I already have and not playing with... well, to add to this pile of game waiting to be finished (Zelda, Layton, Hotel dusk, FF tactics, FF4...), I order on Amazon Space invader Extreme and the awaited Rhythm Heaven...

I still think the price is not totally right, and I would have reconsider way more changing it if it was $149 than the actual $179... Until they do so, I don't see the DsI market getting big enough for third party to really get into what this update is really offering... we will see...

This week, I received a Beta key for "Battlefield Heroes", and that is a fun game to play, really more casual and fun than the Quake3-like called "Team fortress 2" to me. It's just a question of pacing: All in Team fortress is a one, max two shot kill. In BH, it's 2 to 5 shot to kill someone, you then have more fun, more time to use your abilities, and more strategie involved added to the reflex and usual abilities...
a really fun game close to the Battlegrounds of Wow (at low level), without the annoying part where you have to upgrade your character before... and with a more balance game from scratch without the different gears you may have or not.
Graphically, the game is very cartoony, and is close to "Battalion wars" from Nintendo. I would be surprise not to see the game appear on consoles, there is definitely a space in the market to take there...

Hardware-wise, I also received this week my Ipod touch, and I must say it's a pretty nice object. I am not a total freak about it, but it's definitely a nice object when Wifi connected and all services available. I tried some demo or free games from the "Top 25", and none of them impressed me at all, meaning all of them were erased after few minutes.

What else, I tried recently Mad world, and even if the game seem fun kinda fun, the japanese team developent have really to understand that in 3d, the camera is now a MUST have, and that they need to see what US and european teams are doing... it's a shame a game that seems to be good averall is destroyed by such bad cameras... Anyway, i might borrow it but will definitly not buy it to play more. It's like Re5, I should have borrowed it, because the game annoy me so much i'm having a hard time to get back to it to finish it... and i should have bought Dead Space instead, because this one ways seems cool.

Well, time to enjoy the rest of this sunday and check out the sunny outside...

No comments: