December 24, 2007

So I finally had the time to play and try Peggle, the game everybody around me talks about and tried all this year...
I must say that I was disappointed. I mean... the game is well done! (with ugly taste and graphics, but very professionally polished and well presented for sure!). I played the all demo but never had the motivation to stay on one level and doing it several time to increase my score, because the game is no a no brainer and based on luck more than skills. That means for me that I can do whatever I want while playing this game, it will not change anything and I will not really learn anything from it. You really just point click and wait to see the results… there is not even, like in Flippers games, a button to make the table tilt. It’s really disappointing from this point of view; there is no "Hardcore gamer" challenge behind that casual activities (is it even a game?).
Anyway, it’s funny to see how I see why this game has some huge success like the Minesweeper or Tetris, but don’t have the deepness of those two… Even at half price for this Christmas, I did not bought it. I ‘m getting back to Ultra marble blast on my 360 :).

"Joyeux Noel" to you all.

No comments: